Sunday, February 17, 2008

I am procrastinating.

Lucky you.

10 Things I Love (Not People)

1. Music
I can't live without music. I can survive without music; all I need is food, shelter and a place to shit. But then I would be the equivalent of a zombie. Music brings colour to an otherwise dull half-hour ride on the MRT. Music consoles me when I'm alone in my thoughts and tears are streaming down my face. Music hypes me up and tells me what to wear when I'm getting ready to go out. In other words, music is my other boyfriend.

2. Writing
Maybe that's why I've been so bored and indifferent. I haven't written anything in my poem book for a long long time. Herald even got me a new notebook for writing poems and I haven't used it. I don't know about you, but writing takes me places. It gives me a voice, that ironically cannot be heard. Writing is my bandage to heal, when I am inches from going bonkers.

3. Compliments
I am a leech that feeds off blood known as Compliments. I don't need it, but I sure as hell love it. Heck, who doesn't? And yes, yes. I know the difference between sincere compliments and pure, unadulterated sucking up. Compliments make you soar, but then again, being sucked up to isn't that bad too.

4. Shopping
I know that shopping does not live up to its name of Retail Therapy. It is a proven fact that shopping makes people stressed. It gets husbands/boyfriends/fathers/sons/brothers bored, and the poor female is left without a companion. But shopping is a thrill, much like Bungee Jumping or climbing Mount Everest, except without the high possibility of death. And if done with the right company, shopping is a great bonding experience. Plus, you get to know each other's preferences better without even asking a question. And what's wrong with that?

5. Nature
I love the feeling of taking a deep breathe and not worrying about having lung cancer the next day. Nature gives you a whole new feeling of freedom and freshness that you don't get to experience, especially in a densely populated and hectic environment like Singapore. Yes, I am an enviro-freak. I am concerned about global warming and consumerism and animal abuse and the Paper VS Plastic debate. I watched Captain Planet all the time when I was little, so it kinda rubbed off on me. I have a huge pile of paper for reuse stacked up in my room and I am not afraid to say it. :)

6. South Park


"Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"
"You bastards!"

Kyle's Mom Song by Eric Cartman (Damn Funny)



Now YOU love South Park too.

7. Animals
If I could have my way, I would have a dog, a cat, a white dormouse, a hamster, a rabbit, and a black horse. Of course, someone else would have to clean up the pee and poo.

8. Happy Endings
Everyone could use a little hope, don't you think? If you love happy endings too, you would love these movies:
- Cinderella Story
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- Jumper
- Conair
- National Treasure
- Enchanted
- Hairspray
- Corpse Bride

9. Victorian Times


They remind me of the pictures in this book of Hans Christian Anderson stories. For those with deprived childhoods, Hans Christian Anderson is the dude who wrote the original Little Mermaid and other fabulous stories. Not Disney.

Victorian fashion is the inspiration for modern day goth girls as well as self-mutilation (corsets??).

Just kidding.

I just love the grandness, classiness and formality of the Victorian Times.

10. Pasta
If you want good pasta, Breeks and Pizza Hut are the tried-and-tested places that never fail. For the same price as Pizza Hut and Breeks, Patamania's food is not very fantastic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home