Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fun With Science

I rediscovered my geeky past with Herald at the Science Centre yesterday.

We were so fascinated by the exhibits!

There were the usual 'mind vs eye' exhibits which have been there since I was 14. You know, those perception tricks like is it the thing convex or concave et cetera. The exhibitions were aptly located in 'The Mind's Eye' section.

Do you see two people talking?
Oh my God, they killed Herald!
We then went to the Mummies exhibit.
There were all these different kinds of mummies. The sexy mummies, the soccer mummies, the housewife mummies, and the old mummies. My favourite were the auntie mummies.
Haha, okay okay. I love anything ancient Egyptian. And I learnt a bit more about it there.
Anubis and his costume. Anubis was the God of mummification.
Rameses' costume. My dad asked me which Rameses. I had no idea.
Nefer-something's costume. Not Nefertiti. Don't ask me. IDK!
A model of a sarcophagus. Big and scary. They said that the silver lining was more valuable than the gold back then.
Herald asked if I really wanted to take a picture of THIS. Don't worry, it's not real. They're all replicas. Even the costumes.
There was also chart of heiroglyphics (spelling error) from A-Z. Now I can spell my name in Egyptian!
We then approached the Life Sciences section.
THEY ACTUALLY KEEP FUCKING HISSING COCKROACHES! WHAT THE HELL?! I braced myself for the worst when I saw the label and I went to take a look at it. Fuck, the cockroaches were huge! They looked exactly like the ones on Fear Factor! I screamed and ran out and the guy in front of us laughed.
The kids' playground was nearby and we had a whale of a time playing with the children-oriented exhibits. There was also a chick incubation thing. And we saw this really mean chick beating up (pecking on) another chick and it was already bleeding and it looked horrible.
The beaten-up chick on the far right.
It tries to approach the group.
But it was lured into yet another losing battle. :(
Part 2 coming up soon. Too lazy to blog. Bye!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! science centre looks really fun from your blog. haha

February 28, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home