Wednesday, August 1, 2007

poem

was feeling inspired-ish. chew on this!

A Love to Kill

Lately we’ve been fighting, there seems to be no end.
You always get to win them; you’ve got the upper hand.
Stop talking please; I’m shattered all on the floor.
Do you really not know why we don’t talk anymore?

Can’t I fight for what I believe in? Can’t I get my way?
Yes, yes I hear your words; I just won’t listen today.
I hate your cold war shit; it’s a sign that I’m winning.
But it’s your last resort, your trump card, your best sting.

Somehow I don’t resent you, only God knows why.
Somehow I still love you, though you’re my biggest sigh.
I’m snipping off the past; you’re hanging on a paper thread.
I want to lose myself, but you keep bringing me back.

“I know what I’m doing”, I’ve told you a billion times
When words don’t work and actions fail, you made me live a lie.
So I’m packing for a guilt trip, I’m preparing for a ride
Down to the junction of Fantasy and Reality, I’ll be toeing the line.


<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home